The War Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasn't sure where to post this.

3 posters

Go down

Wasn't sure where to post this. Empty Wasn't sure where to post this.

Post  maxthebrbr26 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:28 am

My long term goal is to make this army. Any advice or comments on the list?

3000 Point Shrike List

HQ
-Shrike:195
-Space Marine Captain w/ jump pack:180

Elite
-Terminator Assault Squad (10) (Shrike):400
-Terminator Assault Squad (10):400
-Terminator Assault Squad (5) (Land Raider):450

Troops
-Tactical Squad (Razorback) w/ Melta gun and Lascannon. sergeant w/ power fist:285
-Tactical Squad (Razorback) w/ Melta gun and Lascannon. sergeant w/ power fist:285

Fast Attack
-Assault Squad (10) Sergeant w/ lightning claws:220

Heavy Support
-Thunderfire Cannon:100

Last edited by maxthebrbr26 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
maxthebrbr26
maxthebrbr26
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Wasn't sure where to post this. Empty Re: Wasn't sure where to post this.

Post  Vericlas Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 am

It's got some bases covered for sure. I would suggest running your Assault Terminators with a mix of Lighting Claws and Storm Shield Thunderhammers. This allows you to maximize attacks into an opponent (especially one that strikes after you do) and possibly take less attacks back when they strike AND it gives you some solid stick around models for those invulnerable saves you'll have to take.

And Fredrick should probably move this to general 40k :p
Vericlas
Vericlas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  maxthebrbr26 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 am

Sounds good. So claws and hammers in all 3 squads?

Last edited by maxthebrbr26 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
maxthebrbr26
maxthebrbr26
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  maxthebrbr26 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:45 am

And if I take out the assault termies with the raider and the one without shrike and then the captain I get it to 1970 points
maxthebrbr26
maxthebrbr26
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Vericlas Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:12 am

I would run some claws and hammers in all squads yes. Maybe a mix of 6 Hammers and Shields with 4 Claws. This just makes it easier to allocate onto the 3+ invulnerables if you get slammed with power weapon/monstrous creature attacks.

Also you can build to whatever points you want. Obviously building higher points from the get go will let you pair it down to lower points a bit easier. But I would suggest building to 1500 or so. Once you get that set you can add to it and boost up to 2000pts or so.
Vericlas
Vericlas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Ochs Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 am

Andrew's right about building to "benchmarks." Work on a 1,500pt list, play it in a few games, then see if it needs a bit of changing, then move on to higher points.. 2,000 would be the next step.

From your 3,000 pt build it looks like you'll combat squad your tactical marines and leave the lascannons in a five man group in the back field and rush up the power fist sergeant and the meltas in the your razorbacks. That's a good way to use them. Running 25 termis is intense. At 3,000 points you have to expect that your enemy will put a ton of models on the table and be able to dish out a lot of shooting. Remember this: more models on the table = more wiggle room when pulling casualties and the more attacks/shooting you'll have left after taking a round of fire.

My suggestion would be to put a couple of flamers with your assault marines, this will make sure they clean out whatever they're attacking, and when facing orks or nids, you'll need to kill through 20-30 models to wipe a squad.
Matthew Ochs
Matthew Ochs
Admin & 40k Mentor
Admin & 40k Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum