The War Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron Johnson Results

2 posters

Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Aaron Johnson Results

Post  Fletch Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:16 pm

April 7th - Won one team game in the tourney!
Fletch
Fletch
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Profile updated

Post  Matthew Ochs Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am

Hey Aaron, your results have been updated and your plaque reflects your current ranks/medals. You are now a novice strategist, and have achieved (1/10) wins towards the Adept Strategist rank. Good work, and don't take no gruff from those Imperial Guard!
Matthew Ochs
Matthew Ochs
Admin & 40k Mentor
Admin & 40k Mentor

Back to top Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Results 5/5/12

Post  Fletch Sun May 06, 2012 12:11 am

Cinco de Mayo!

So in today's tournament:

Game 1:
Nob Bikers vs. Blue Marines
Win for the Bikers
Played purely Orky and only lost 2 deff koptas.
Score: 20 - 0

Game 2:
Nob Bikers vs. Dark Eldar
Win for the Bikers
Played un-orky and did a whole lot of Twin Linked shooting. Lost all deff koptas, but pulled all points.
Score: 20 - 0

Game 3:
Nob Bikers vs. Iron Hand Marines
Not a win for the bikers Evil or Very Mad
Played night fight for 4 rounds and got tabled Embarassed
Score: 0 - 20

Outcome: 4th (i think), and I won a really cool T-shirt for best presentation pirat

Overall, much better scenarios. Actually did like most of them, but didn't get to play city-fight.
Fletch
Fletch
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Results 7/7 and the last of 5th Ed

Post  Fletch Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Well, the end of 5th edition didn't start well for the Nobs.

Game One: Nob Bikers vs. Ghaz
Loss of the Biker Boyz.

I ended up going first, but the the jets didn't get side shots and the rokkits didn't do anything to the front of the battle wagon - so I ended up with a 1st turn assault by Ghaz and Megaboyz.

They did only get to assault my squishy stuff - but still. Spent the rest of the game zooming around taking advantage of the mobility (except leaving one of the looted tanks within charge range). Didn't get tabled, and did get a few points (which would come in handy later).

Game Two: Nob Bikers vs. Eldar
Win for the Biker Boyz

This looked interesting as we got different abilities through out the day due to W/L. Joe had lost his first match and took an ability that basically let a unit add one to the number of shots. He got to go first, so unloaded his Dire Avengers and did a blade storm. At 4 shots per, that unit put out a ton of hits. Plus the scatter lasers from the War Walkers and my poor nobs all ended up with a wound before getting to do anything else. But things started coming around and as we finished up, I had the middle objective. We had a Wraithlord/Biker Boss battle in the middle, but his Wraithlord whiffed and the boss did 4 wounds.

Game Three: Nob Bikers vs. Black Templar
Win for the Biker Boyz

First time I had played vs. Black Templar since 3rd edition. I knew they had mixed saves and he basically took 3 squads each with an HQ. There were two dreads and 3 Land Speeders. He didn't have any transports (due to the squads being so large I assume), so that seemed to make my job a little easier. Even though I have Ork shooting, en masse it is quite devastating. Between the Nobs and the Dakka Jets, even marines go down. I did have trouble getting rid of the dreads, but the Boom Guns and Supa Shoota's were spot on the rest of the squads.

I ended up edging Ghaz in the end for a 2nd place overall finish.

Good bye to 5th, and hello 6th! I know the boys are a bit much and got better in 6th. So I'm going to give the lowly eldar a try for the next few months. Deathwing is sitting in the case for now as well - but probably not for long.
Fletch
Fletch
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Re: Aaron Johnson Results

Post  Matthew Ochs Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 am

Congrats, Aaron, you've reached adept strategist!
Matthew Ochs
Matthew Ochs
Admin & 40k Mentor
Admin & 40k Mentor

Back to top Go down

Aaron Johnson Results Empty Re: Aaron Johnson Results

Post  Fletch Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:08 am

SWEET!
Fletch
Fletch
Captain
Captain