Circle of Orboros Celestial Fulcrum

Go down

Circle of Orboros Celestial Fulcrum

Post  The Garthakian on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:02 pm

So my new project is the battle engine for my Hordes Circle of Orboros army, the Celestial Fulcrum. I am pretty excited about painting this, which is why I didn't get any pictures taken from the very beginning, but it's still early in the painting process, so here they are!

The Garthakian
The Garthakian
Dog of War
Dog of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Circle of Orboros Celestial Fulcrum

Post  Matthew Ochs on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Nice work Andrew, that stone is really sharp. What paints are you using. I like the hint of green/red I see (though that may be an illusion of the camera).
Matthew Ochs
Matthew Ochs
Admin & 40k Mentor
Admin & 40k Mentor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Garthakian on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:59 am

All of these colors are from Reaper. For the brown stone, I base coated with Muddy Brown. I did a heavy dry brush, more like a wet brush, with Earth Brown. Next came a medium dry brush with Leather Brown, then a light to medium dry brush with a 1:1 mix of Leather Brown and Golden Highlight. I then washed it with Agrax Earthshade form GW, making sure to lightly wash the stone surfaces and put more wash in the recesses. After that I dry brushed only the inside of the crater with Moth Green for a glow effect that will come from the fulcrum itself.

For the actual fulcrum parts, I airbrushed them with Moth Green, then over brushed with Stone Grey. I had to go back with Stone Grey to get into some of the corners and clean up a few areas from the over brushing. Finally, I dry brushed with Weathered Stone.
The Garthakian
The Garthakian
Dog of War
Dog of War

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Ochs on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Great, thanks for the breakdown. The new washes are really great. I've been using Agrax Earthshade a lot on the Grular I've been painting. It's definitely my wash MVP.
Matthew Ochs
Matthew Ochs
Admin & 40k Mentor
Admin & 40k Mentor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down