The War Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Effects

2 posters

Go down

Water Effects Empty Water Effects

Post  Shogun Raik Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

I am putting together a scene with a swampy effect as the base and thought if anyone had a neat trick or method and materials they found for water effects I am open to ideas.

Currently I use acrylic gel medium and work it up, let it cure and drybrush to desired color.
Shogun Raik
Shogun Raik
New Recruit
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Water Effects Empty Re: Water Effects

Post  Vericlas Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I am going to be working with the clear gel stuff a lot in the near future. My first go with it was not as good as I had hoped. But I was trying to put paint on the bottom of the base then put the gel over it and have the gel take on the color of the paint under it. Apparently silver paint doesn't work to well for that.

My next attempt will include some wash in the gel to color it that way, but I won't be attemting that till I get all of my Fire Warriors painted. Sorry that's not to helpful but I would suggest a mix of paint under the gel and a little wash to help it color up 'right'.

Of course for applying it I used a sculpting tool the first go around but I will probably use a brush and sculpting tool next time out.
Vericlas
Vericlas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum